Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easter Basket Cake part two

Easter Basket Cake

What I did:
  • I made a tye-dye cake with three colors.
    • How?
      • Simple...
        • make your cake mix and separate evenly into three bowls
        • apply dye into each bowl to your desired color
        • add batter in intervals to your pan to create a type look as it is cut, it will look amazing
    • I used one cake mix box and turned it into two 8 inch round pans
    • I made homemade heath butter cream frosting. Dirty iced the cake to add Kit-Kats around the cake. Tied ribbon to hold in place.
  • I bought random candy cheap. The grass is edible grass too. they're a dollar a bag. 
    • For the candy I used the cake pop or candy sticks in the Wilton baking section of the store. I taped the back of the candy with wrappers. 
    • For the chocolate without wrappers, I melted the some Wilton blue chocolate melt chips I had extra in my pantry and placed a stick on the back. The melted chocolate glued in place.
  • I added neon green to pipe grass around the edge of the cake. I used the extra chocolate chips to make the blue flowers.
cost: about $15


No comments:

Post a Comment